POSITION TITLE: Nurse Practitioner
DEPARTMENT: AHI Care Alliance
SUPERVISOR: Physician Lead and/or Medical Director
AHI headquartered in Bloomington Minnesota is seeking geriatric nurse practitioners to join our fast-growing team. This position will ensure that the health and safety of all clients are met. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will assist in performing history, wound assessments, care planning, wound treatments and other common primary care duties as assigned. The NP will also have reporting responsibility to the supervising Physician of the respective patients for new evaluations, follow up evaluations and assisting with procedures.
• Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
• NP license and certification, current and in good standing
• Ideal – Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in the state of Minnesota.
• Well-developed assessment, interviewing, counseling, and crisis intervention skills.
OTHER SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
This position required the incumbent to have:
- Possess a sensitivity and aptitude for working with the elderly.
- Possess skills to communicate effectively with those you supervise, clients, family members and staff.
- Possess leadership / supervisory skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND TASKS:
- Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day
• Initiates an appropriate assessment of patient’s wound status, ranging from focused to comprehensive.
• Obtains patients’ health history from interview of patient and others, and from review of pertinent health records.
• Consults with supervising physician or care provider as appropriate with patient’s histories.
• Orders pertinent diagnostic tests and procedures.
• Interprets health information and establishes diagnoses consistent with the accumulated data.
• Formulates treatment plan, ensuring timely provision of necessary health care services.
• Orders necessary medications and other therapeutic equipment and supplies within the scope of practice.
• Educates and informs patients regarding the nature of their condition and the progress of evaluation and treatment.
• Educates patients regarding health promotion and disease prevention and wound protocols and treatments
• Analyzes accumulated health information and collects additional observational, interview, historical, physical examination, and diagnostic data, modifying treatment as appropriate utilizing the HOOP and TruHeal technology platform.
• Makes health record entries which are legible, concise, and timely.
• Advocates for the rights of patients.
• Participate in various seminars, presentations, and marketing events designed to educate potential referring health care providers and help grow the practice.
• Maintains QA case date base, assists with research projects and clinical trials and evaluating/developing patient education information.
• Participates in the collection and preparation of reports on patient care activities.
• Participates in research projects and in the preparation of articles for publication.
• Conducts audits related to advanced practice healthcare techniques and takes part in quality assurance programs.
• Maintains current knowledge in the field of practice and informs staff of changes.
• Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence related to the work.
• Performs related work as assigned.
Job Function: Participate and function effectively as a team member.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff
- Articulate information regarding clients to the team.
- Provide proactive, constructive participation in staff meetings, committees, etc.
- Be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
Job Function: Other duties as assigned.
- Support the mission and values of [Name of Company].
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES) REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of patient history and physical examination methods as well as wound care
• Knowledge of clinical medical procedures.
• Knowledge of patient rights and ethical professional practices.
• Knowledge of and adherence to company policies and protocols.
• Knowledge of basic level computer skills.
• Skill in performing physical examinations, and routine clinical and emergency procedures.
• Ability to develop a therapeutic relationship with patients.
• Ability to relate and interpret medical data.
• Ability to identify normal and abnormal findings and initiate appropriate follow-up.
• Ability to serve as a member of a team.
• Ability to provide direction and leadership to others.
• Ability to maintain records, and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
• Ability to effectively communicate with patients and staff using excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
• Ability to work well in a multitasking environment paying close attention to details.
• Ability to work with a positive attitude.
If you’re a person who is motivated to go above and beyond, inspired by working with the best and compelled to do the right thing, our organization is the right choice for you.
AHI is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other statuses protected by state, local or other applicable laws. This policy extends to all aspects of employment, including recruitment and hiring.